Why Make the Switch?
ST. LOUIS (April 1, 2014) – International Mulch Company™ (IMC™) today announced that those who make the switch from wood mulch to Rubberific® Shredded Mulch, made from 100% recycled rubber, will save time, money and have the safest playground surface on the market today.
Wood mulch has long been the standard in home and garden retailers across the country, however, Rubberific Shredded Mulch, offers benefits that cannot be realized when using ordinary wood mulch. Rubberific Shredded Mulch looks just like wood, but with a 12-year color guarantee; it requires little to no annual maintenance; will not attract damaging insects such as termites or carpenter ants; and is the safest play surface based on fall-height testing. These are just a few of the many reasons why rubber mulch is quickly becoming the new leader in lawn and garden.
“When we started IMC more than a decade ago with the launch of Rubberific Shredded Mulch, utilizing rubber mulch in a landscape was unheard of,” says Cindy Miller, CEO of IMC. “Once people realized the amazing benefits our products have and the fact that they can save thousands of dollars on mulch over the next 12 plus years, the response has been overwhelming.”
Each year in the United States, we discard more than one tire per person, or 350,000,000 tires. This occurs each year, and every year. For decades these tires were sent to our ever-crowded landfills or just dumped in large piles across the country – they were a nuisance. Companies like IMC and brands like Rubberific decided that “burying the problem” was not a good idea and that is why we set out to give these tires a second life as premium landscaping and playground products for home, commercial and governmental use. This is the embodiment of upstream and downstream recycling practices.
“To date, and with the help of consumers across the country, IMC has recycled more than 400,000,000 pounds of rubber that would have otherwise not had a home as states across the country will no longer accept tires in landfills due to the amount of space that they require”, says Tim Miller, COO of IMC. “We know that our rubber mulches are slightly higher priced than premium wood mulch, but imagine if you could mulch this year and not have to worry about mulching again until 2026.”
There are those that will continue to use other products in their yards and landscapes, but here is a top ten list as to why the switch from wood to rubber is one of the best investments you can make.
- Looks like wood, but the color is guaranteed to last 12 years longer than premium colored wood mulch!
- Save more than 80% in mulching costs over 12 years versus wood mulch.
- No more annual mulching – work less, play more!
- Rated as the safest playground surface available – IPEMA certified.
- Rubber mulch does not attract termites, carpenter ants or other harmful insects.
- Rubber mulch will not fade, rot, compress or lose its beauty even after years of exposure to the elements.
- Rubberific Shredded Mulch offers three times the coverage per cubic foot versus wood mulch.
- Rubber mulch inhibits growth of molds and fungi, reducing allergy risk.
- You will save time, money and the environment – made from 100% recycled rubber.
- You will have the best looking yard on the block, year after year, after year!
For additional information on our full suite of recycled rubber products, please visit us at www.internationalmulch.com or at www.facebook.com/rubbermulch.
International Mulch Company™ (IMC) is a family-owned and operated business with its corporate headquarters located in St. Louis, Missouri. We manufacture long-lasting landscaping and playground products made from 100 percent recycled rubber tires. To date we have recycled nearly 400,000,000 pounds of rubber under the Rubberific, NuPlay, Re-Play, NuScape and Lasting Beauty brand names.